Host-based IDS OSSEC 2.3 released
The OSSEC team is pleased to announce the general availability of OSSEC version 2.3.
The most notable additions are:
- Added support for the Nginx web server.
- Added support for Suhosin (Hardened PHP).
- Added support for real time integrity monitoring on Windows systems.
- Added support for monitoring the output of commands on Linux and Windows.
- Added rules for PHP Warnings/errors.
- Added support for Windows environment variables in the
field of log monitoring.
- Added check to avoid reading the same log file twice on incorrect configurations.
- Added new rule to detect comment spam on WordPress.
- Added dovecot rules and decoders.
- Added rules to alert on login events from MS SQL.
- Added support for foregroung mode.
For more information on OSSEC read our interview with the project founder.