PGP announced the latest version of PGP Desktop for Mac which now also supports Boot Camp, so users can have complete protection for machines running dual Mac OS X and Windows environments.
To meet these demanding challenges, this latest release of PGP Desktop from the company addresses these concerns by providing the following new features:
Endpoint data protection
- PGP Whole Disk Encryption on Linux – support for Red Hat and Ubuntu
- PGP Whole Disk Encryption on Mac OS X Snow Leopard
- New Boot Camp on Snow Leopard support – provides a single solution to protect data when using Apple hardware with dual operating systems.
- New Hybrid Cryptographic Optimizer (HCO) technology to deliver faster run times* for PGP Whole Disk Encryption
- Optimized for solid state drives.
- Encrypt and sign buttons in Microsoft Outlook
- Additional smart card support
- Redesigned user interface
- PGP Viewer for Desktop Email 8.x migration.