AuthenTec introduced a security solution that combines VPN client security with fingerprint recognition for Android smartphones and tablets.
The QuickSec Mobile VPN Client 2.0 is a full-featured IPsec-compliant VPN solution that is faster, more secure, highly interoperable and less expensive to maintain than the native Android VPN client and can be quickly launched via fingerprint authentication.
The solution offers improvements over AuthenTec’s QuickSec VPN Client for Android by offering the latest features such as IKEv2 with MOBIKE, IPv6 and Gingerbread (Android 2.3) and later Android OS support.
It also offers improved configuration, security, and interoperability with all major VPN gateways. QuickSec VPN 2.0 is offered as client software for integration in Android phones and tablets by the world’s leading OEMs.
- IPSEC-compliant enterprise class VPN solution
- IKEv2 with MOBIKE – enabling mobility across different networks without losing the VPN connection
- IPv6 – full support of the latest IP protocol (version 6)
- Split tunneling for highly efficient VPN tunnel usage
- Xauth and Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) based authentication
- VPN launch secured by biometric authentication; faster and easier than entering username/password
- Interoperable with all major VPN gateways
- Seamless integration into hardware based security systems
- Suite B/FIPS 140-2 Level 1 compliant
- Supports Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and newer Android OSs
- Customizable user interface.
AuthenTec has also announced that it has collaborated with BIO-key to create mobile enterprise solutions that combine AuthenTec fingerprint sensors with BIO-key’s Fingerprint Mobile Identification Devices (FMIDs) and server-side fingerprint matching technology.
AuthenTec’s solutions include fingerprint sensor-equipped sleeve or plug-in for iOS, Android and Win Mobile devices that allow users to securely connect to a network server or cloud and gain access to enterprise applications, corporate e-mail, banking or financial applications in a secure yet extremely convenient manner.
BIO-key currently offers FMID solutions for the full iOS and Win Mobile platforms, along with some Android phones such as the Motorola Atrix.