Netwrix released Netwrix Auditor 8.0. The new version of the IT auditing platform simplifies detection of security threats and enables organizations to gain control over critical data across all levels of IT environment, including hybrid cloud and storage appliances.
According to the Netwrix 2015 Cloud Security Survey, hybrid cloud is the most widely used deployment model. However, the majority of companies feel that cloud is insecure because it lacks visibility into user activities, which increases the risk of unauthorized access (69% of organizations) and account hijacking (43%).
Netwrix presents the first ever hybrid cloud visibility solution for Office 365 to bring insight into access, security changes and actions and enable companies to detect threats and protect data regardless of its location.
Netwrix Auditor is an IT auditing software that delivers visibility into IT infrastructure changes and data access. It provides actionable audit data about who has access to what, any changes made, and when and where each change was made. This helps organizations prevent security breaches caused by insider attacks, pass compliance audits with far less effort and expense and keep tabs on what privileged users are doing in the environment.
Key features of Netwrix Auditor 8.0
- New application for Office 365 to strengthen the security of data in the cloud by auditing all changes to security settings and non-owner mailbox access in Microsoft Exchange Online.
- File analysis to enable better information management decisions for unstructured data. New pre-defined reports allow to detect excessive access rights, overexposed data, and suspiciously high numbers of reads, modifications and failed access attempts.
- New applications for EMC, NetApp and Windows File Servers to expand visibility into changes and data access in storage appliances to detect insider threats and prevent breaches of unstructured data. New Netwrix Auditor for EMC supports EMC Isilon, as well as VNX and VNXe, and new Netwrix Auditor for NetApp supports the latest versions of Data ONTAP, including 8.3.1.
- RESTful API to gain endless auditing and reporting capabilities, and integrate Netwrix Auditor with any existing on-premises or cloud-based application.
- Virtual and cloud deployment options in addition to traditional on-premises deployment to meet various organizations’ needs and speed up time-to-value by getting Netwrix Auditor up and running in just 15 minutes.
“While the cloud does offer flexibility, cost and scalability benefits, issues related to privacy and security of sensitive data are the top concerns,” said Michael Fimin, CEO of Netwrix. “In light of the growing threats of data breaches visibility into the cloud becomes a very important part of security guarantees and the best way to ensure data integrity. Awareness of who does what, when and where provides holistic data governance, empowers companies to mitigate risks of human factor and better control critical data no matter where this data is stored.”