X1 announced the highly anticipated integration of the X1 Enterprise Platform into RelativityOne Collect, making the remote collection of electronically stored information (ESI) on employee laptops, company servers, cloud repositories and applications a seamless experience for corporations, their outside counsel and service providers globally.
With the rise in remote and hybrid work structures, there is increased demand for web-enabled collections of remote custodians and data sources such as laptops, email servers and file shares. The traditional collection methodologies and ESI processing methods that overcollect data by creating massive forensic images requiring on-site collection are becoming increasingly obsolete.
The paradigm has shifted from a slow, inefficient, disruptive and cumbersome forensic imaging process to a more seamless workflow that can be handled entirely remotely without disturbing custodians. The integration of RelativityOne Collect and the X1 Enterprise platform addresses today’s requirements taking collection times from months down to hours or a few days.
“RelativityOne Collect was developed with the user experience in mind. We focused on building an intuitive solution so data collection from any source can be done with minimal training,” said Chris Brown, Chief Product Officer at Relativity.
“The integration of RelativityOne Collect with X1 Enterprise’s remote collection capabilities further expands our offerings to provide an end-to-end platform that enables users to easily search across and access distributed unstructured data within minutes.”
Complete Discovery Software (CDS) recently adapted the way they collect data after switching to a fully remote collection system. Remote collection is now approximately 95% of its methodology as opposed to the 10% they anticipated it would be at the beginning of 2020.
“The traditional collection workflow is no longer effective. Casting a wide net with custodians spread across multiple different locations globally is time-consuming and challenging to say the least,” said Nyi Htwe, CTO at CDS.
“The X1 integration with RelativityOne enables us to efficiently, cost-effectively and defensively index the data in-place, across multiple custodians, giving us the instant insight we need to effectively search, analyze and collect the data for immediate review directly in RelativityOne.”
Key benefits of the integrated solution include:
- Enables efficiencies to the traditional eDiscovery process, moving from legacy, on-premise forensic imaging tools to intelligent, automated, cloud-based software.
- Eliminates the need for expensive and cumbersome ESI processing tools.
- Innovative endpoint technology eliminates manual data hand-offs, delivering the pertinent data, relevant to the case far faster and more precisely than any forensic tool.
- Quickly collects data across multiple custodians, seamlessly importing that data into RelativityOne within minutes.
- Provides the ability to index in-place, search, analyze and categorize data quickly and release to RelativityOne for review.
- Supports collection of ESI from Office 365, Slack and Dropbox, as well as email and files on laptops, servers and other network sources.
- Streamlines eDiscovery processes for a much faster, less expensive and far less disruptive preservation and collection workflow.
“With this integration Relativity customers will benefit from a far more efficient and secure workflow,” said Craig Carpenter, CEO of X1. “Preservation and collection should be done with clumsy forensic tools only when spoliation is a specific concern, which is exceedingly rare.
“Corporate clients greatly prefer remote preservation and collection focused on relevant and responsive ESI, which is exactly what the X1 Enterprise platform delivers.
And with RelativityOne’s powerful analytics and review capabilities accessible to lawyers from the very outset of any matter, X1 and Relativity are converting an often slow, expensive and disruptive process into a quick, secure, cloud-based workflow.”