Zenoss unveils expanded monitoring capabilities for Kubernetes
Kubernetes, also known as K8s, has been supported by a community of professional programmers and coders from around the world. Along with containers more generally, Kubernetes has emerged as a primary technology for modern cloud-native workloads. Accordingly, almost 50% of organizations have adopted Kubernetes.
According to Gartner, “By 2025, 85% of organizations will run containers in production, up from less than 30% in 2020.” This is a strategic planning assumption in their research titled Emerging Technologies: Kubernetes and the Battle for Cloud-Native Infrastructure, October 2021.
Zenoss monitoring for Kubernetes now provides:
- Overall cluster health monitoring
- Health monitoring for nodes, services and pods
- Dashboards for Kubernetes clusters, nodes, pods and containers
- Service impact and root-cause analysis
- Monitoring of StatefulSet component, enhancing management of stateful applications
- Enhanced filtering for pods and containers
- Enhanced templates for clusters, containers and nodes
- Enhanced dynamic modeling of pods and containers
- Enhanced visibility for controlling cloud expenses
Zenoss initially released monitoring and analytics capabilities for Kubernetes in 2018 and has continuously expanded those capabilities to become a leading monitoring platform for container-based environments. Zenoss provides full-stack monitoring and AIOps for public and private clouds, as well as for all on-prem IT infrastructure.
“Cloud-native environments create new challenges for monitoring highly distributed applications due to the unprecedented complexity and scale,” said Ani Gujrathi, chief technical officer for Zenoss. “The solution requires modernizing the approach to monitoring, and that’s exactly what we’ve done.”
Zenoss Cloud is the leading AI-driven full-stack monitoring platform that streams all machine data, uniquely enabling the emergence of context for preventing service disruptions in complex, modern IT environments, including those built on Kubernetes. Zenoss Cloud leverages the most powerful machine learning and real-time analytics to give companies the ability to scale and adapt to the changing needs of their businesses.