DataGrail announced a new Managed Services offering that offloads the burdens of day-to-day data privacy management so that companies can maintain their focus on strategy and impact.
DataGrail Managed Services now handle customers’ DSR fulfillment and data mapping processes, streamlining internal resources and decreasing the need for additional headcount. The new offering comes amid persistently changing data privacy regulations and rapidly increasing volume of data subject requests (DSRs), which make it difficult for companies to keep up with their privacy obligations.
With its Risk Intelligence, DataGrail is qualified to manage data privacy programs for customers. DataGrail’s data mapping capabilities are enhanced by 2,000+ integrations and DSR automation functionality that spans across internal data systems such as custom databases, data warehouses, unstructured data stores, and internally built apps. Risk Intelligence gives DataGrail unprecedented visibility into where data can hide to reduce risk and ensures that it can complete DSRs efficiently and accurately.
“Data privacy has never been more top-of-mind. Consumers expect control over their data, and companies have a responsibility to respond to their requests promptly and comprehensively. Doing so enables them to maintain brand trust and loyalty,” said DataGrail CEO Daniel Barber. “But privacy management has become a big enough issue that businesses need help. With DataGrail Managed Services, companies easily address the rapid changes in the data privacy landscape so that companies can be confident their DSRs are processed thoroughly and correctly so that their customers’ rights are protected.”
The benefits of Managed Services
With DataGrail Managed Services, DataGrail technical privacy experts serve as thought partners, surfacing complex and sensitive issues for companies’ privacy and legal leadership teams to review and sign off on with a defined escalation path.
For customers using DataGrail’s Request Manager product, Managed Services gives them access to a dedicated privacy manager for:
- Timely DSR processing in accordance with required timelines
- Coordination of internal stakeholders involved in the DSR lifecycle
- Fully documented end-to-end processes
- Delivery of necessary assets to train and enable DSR processing at scale
- Ongoing process improvements and updates as new tools and stakeholders onboard
For those taking advantage of DataGrail’s Data Mapping capabilities, Managed Services adds:
- Internal stakeholder engagement and coordination for data mapping exercises
- Risk assessment creation and distribution for new or updated systems
- Approvals tracking and action item review for records of process activities document
- Annual or bi-annual project planning and templatization of process
- Reusable communications assets for stakeholder updates on data mapping initiatives and resource planning
These capabilities combine to enable teams to run a highly scalable and reliable data privacy program with unprecedented ease so that they can fully protect consumer information and decrease their business risk.
“DataGrail Managed Services has been a game changer for us,” said Sean Kellogg, Privacy Legal Counsel at Dexcom. “We went from two employees working 20+ hours a week on requests to one employee working less than five hours a week. Not only that, but our overall efficiency in responding has increased and all of our metrics are on the rise. I would highly recommend DataGrail Managed Services.”