Beta Panda Antivirus Platinum 7.0 Beta, now available from Panda Software’s website at http://www.pandasoftware.com/platinum7/default_eng.htm, is a new version of the company’s flagship desktop solution. Driven by latest-generation antivirus technology, Panda 7.0 offers the highest levels of protection. The product also includes a new, intuitive and user-friendly interface.
“This new breed of antivirus,” explains Patrick Hinojosa, Chief Technology Officer at Panda Software, U.S., “has been developed to ensure that small businesses, independent professionals and experienced users have access to the latest in IT security technology. We have designed a high-performance product which offers simplicity in user/software interaction and completely automatic virus signature updates.”
Panda Antivirus Platinum 7.0 Beta includes:
– Powerful UltraFast scan engine: a high-speed engine with minimum resource use, offering complete protection without interference in user operations.
– Detection and rapid elimination of all types of viruses, Trojans, worms, ActiveX scripts and dangerous Java applets, even in compressed files and network drives. Its new heuristic technology makes it extremely effective against new, unknown malicious code, (such as script viruses, executables and macros).
– Scanning of network drives ensures shared directories stay virus-free.
– Completely automatic virus signature updates every time you connect to the Internet. This system provides constant protection without user intervention. These incremental updates only add the antidotes to the viruses that have appeared since the last update.
– Password protected configuration to customize your antivirus and control access.
– Protection module integrated into Microsoft Outlook, specially designed to improve management of the antivirus in Microsoft Exchange servers.
– Maximum security in the synchronization between your PDA and the computer. Compatible with Palm OS, Win Ce, Pocket PC and Symbian Epoc.
– Exclusive SmartClean technology to repair the damage caused to systems by the latest Trojans and worms (such as I Love You, Sircam and Klez).
– Automatic sending of suspicious files to the Virus Hospital, an isolation area to ensure suspicious files don’t contaminate the rest of your equipment.
About the International Independent AV Developer:
Panda Software (http://www.pandasecurity.com) is a leading international developer of computer security software for all types of customers: corporate clients, small and medium sized companies and home users. The company has recently released two new enterprise antivirus solutions, Panda Antivirus Enterprise Suite and Panda PerimeterScan. Panda’s 100% in-house, cutting-edge technology has received awards and quality certifications from the most widely respected IT security institutions. Panda Software was the first to allow truly automatic, daily signature updates, as well as centralized administration of antivirus protection, both of which have revolutionized the antivirus industry. The quality of Panda Software’s products has been endorsed by the major industry watchdogs including Virus Bulletin, ICSA Labs and CheckMark.