Ã‚Â· The international antivirus developer revives the classic ‘free for all’ spirit of the Internet, with the launch of this new pro-active antivirus security portal centered on three pillars: real-time information, training and outstanding solutions
Ã‚Â· With this pioneering initiative, the company is set to revolutionize the market and consolidate its position as a technological leader
MADRID, July 14, 2003
Panda Software has announced the launch of VirusPortal (
VirusPortal has been launched with the aim of becoming a global reference point for virus information, as it is designed to offer users the most complete training and information about malicious code. Users can get real-time information on the proliferation of virus infections, their impact (in each continent or country), as well as the characteristics and effects of computer viruses. VirusPortal combines simplicity and effectiveness in an intuitive and visually attractive interface, giving users quick and easy access to the microsites -Virus Info, Training, Downloads and Webmasters- described below.
1) Virus Info includes:
– Panda Virusometer, which continuously evaluates the risk of being attacked by a virus. Information is presented in the form of color-coded warning conditions
(red, amber and green). It also provides extra information to explain why an alert has been activated and as a result, adopt the appropriate protection measures.
– News Tickers providing constant updates on the latest worldwide virus news 24 hours a day, all year round.
– Infection map, which continuously displays the impact of malicious code in every country across the globe.
– A graphic display showing the Proliferation of infections over the last 24 hours.
– List of the most active viruses and those that have most recently appeared as well as the hoaxes that are currently circulating.
– PandaLabs, which provides information from Panda Software’s international network of research and technical support centers.
2) Training is a microsite where users can find out about malicious code: their characteristics, main means of transmission, how they infect, etc. Similarly, this section gives the answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about viruses and practical tips for protecting PCs.
3) Downloads is a section that allows users to download or use the applications (Panda ActiveScan, Panda QuickRemover, etc.) developed by Panda Software to prevent, combat and resolve any incident involving viruses. Similarly, this microsite allows users to perform several tests in order to check that the antivirus installed on the computer is providing effective protection.
4) Webmasters where an automatic and customizable procedure lets website administrators add any of a series of powerful tools (Virus map, Panda ActiveScan, Panda Virusometer, repair utilities, etc.) to their web pages completely free of charge, giving outstanding added-value to their website.
“Since 2001, our strategy to lead the world antivirus market has been centered on three principles: innovation driven by research and development of new and more effective security technologies; a new range of value-added security services; and our Internet activity and resources, the category that VirusPortal falls into. By doing this, we grow at the same rate as we revolutionize the market with new solutions that allow us to advance towards our goal to rid the planet of viruses,” explains Urizarbarrena.
About Panda Software
Panda Software (