Five Panda Software Solutions Nominated For the SC Magazine 2005 Awards
In this ninth year of the SC Magazine Global Awards, the most prestigious in the IT security industry, Panda Software is competing in five categories, with the following solutions: TruPrevent Corporate, Platinum Internet Security with TruPrevent Technologies, BusinesSecure Exchange with TruPrevent Technologies, Panda GateDefender 8200 and Panda WebAdmin Antivirus. The first of these is in a category judged by the Awards Panel of Judges while the other four are in ‘Readers’ Choice’ categories, where, until December 3, users can cast their votes at: http://www.scawards.com/vote_categories.asp
The categories in the SC Magazine Global Awards 2005 in which Panda Software is competing are:
– Best antivirus: Nominated – Platinum Internet Security with TruPrevent Technologies, the security suite that protects the computers of businesses and professionals against all Internet threats. It includes antivirus, firewall, intelligent protection against unknown threats, anti-spam, anti-spyware and web access control.
– Best email security: Nominated – Panda BusinesSecure Exchange with TruPrevent Technologies is the ideal security solution for small and medium-sized companies that need to protect their workstations, file servers and Exchange servers. With TruPrevent Technologies, it can detect and block unknown viruses -when there is no identifier- and network viruses that that don’t even need files to infect computers, before they have the chance to spread and damage company IT resources.
– Best network security: Nominated – Panda GateDefender 8200, Panda Software’s dedicated security device for protecting the corporate network perimeter against Internet threats. Not only does it protect against malware, but it also includes a highly effective anti-spam module to prevent needless saturation of inboxes, and a powerful web content filter.
– Best security management: Nominated – Panda WebAdmin Antivirus, the web-managed security solution that eases the burden for small to mid-sized companies of protecting against viruses, Trojans and worms.
– Best new security solution: Nominated – TruPrevent Corporate, compatible with antivirus products of other vendors, offers preventive protection to any size company against new Internet threats, including new and unknown viruses, thanks to the use of TruPrevent Technologies.
The finalists in the SC Magazine Global Awards 2005 will be announced on December 20, and the winners will be decalred in the ceremnoy in San Francisco on february 16.
More information on the SC Magazine Global Awards 2005 can be found at: http://www.scawards.com/
About SC Magazine and Checkmark
SC Magazine is the world’s Number 1 information security magazine circulated in over 50 countries (http://www.scmagazine.com). Panda Software also has a number of its antivirus products tested and certified in the Checkmark certification programme. Its rigorous tests are based on viruses from the ‘In The Wild’ (http://www.check-mark.com) list, i.e. those that really pose a threat to users computers.
About Panda Software
Panda Software is one of the world’s leading developers of IT security solutions, with offices in 50 countries. It is an established pacesetter for the sector in innovation and expansion and is unequalled in terms of satisfying customers’ needs for the most advanced technologies, products and services to keep IT resources free from viruses and other threats at the lowest possible Total Cost of Ownership. The company’s unique TruPrevent Technologies, the most intelligent technologies to combat unknown viruses and intruders, offer unrivalled preventive protection for all types of clients: from the largest corporations through small and medium-sized companies to home users. For more information and evaluation versions of all Panda Software solutions, visit our website at: http://www.pandasoftware.com/.