Austin, TX. – Jan. 10, 2005- TippingPoint Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: TPTI), the leader in intrusion prevention, today announced its UnityOneTM Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) completed 2004 as the most decorated IPS and received high marks from end users in a recent study from TheInfoPro, a leading information technology research firm. UnityOne received a perfect four out of four rating for technical innovation, positioning, features/functionality, and delivery as promised from end users participating in TheInfoPro Information Security Study, Wave Four. TheInfoPro interviewed 179 information security professionals for its study.
According to David Taylor, TheInfoPro’s Chief Research Officer, “The end users in our research network have been very impressed by TippingPoint’s products, citing TippingPoint as the top IPS vendor in both Wave 3 and Wave 4 as offering “exciting new products.'”
According to one survey respondent, “(TippingPoint) has a very strong product offering and very good throughput. It has a lot of capabilities that suit our particular enterprise needs.”
TippingPoint’s UnityOne product line earned numerous awards in 2004, making it the most decorated intrusion prevention system of the year. Awards include:
* TippingPoint’s UnityOne was the first and only IPS product to receive the Gold award from The NSS Group. The NSS Group completed the most comprehensive multi-vendor IPS evaluation of the year in January 2004, being the first to evaluate all areas of price/performance, usability, accuracy, security, and performance (throughput and latency). TippingPoint was declared the obvious winner in every test category. The full report can be accessed at: http://www.nss.co.uk/ips/edition1/index.htm.
* eWEEK awarded UnityOne both the Analyst’s Choice Award in March and the eWEEK Excellence Award for Enterprise Resource Protection in April. UnityOne was also chosen as the only IPS in the “Top Products of 2004” December issue.
* SC Magazine selected TippingPoint’s UnityOne as a “Best Buy” in their group evaluation of intrusion prevention systems, giving it a perfect five-star review. UnityOne also received the “Best of 2004” award in the December 2004 issue.
* Information Security magazine selected TippingPoint for “Gold” in the Intrusion Prevention Systems category for the “Product of the Year Awards.” The awards were based on end user survey responses from TheInfoPro where UnityOne received the highest score of any IPS rated by end users.
* TechWorld presented TippingPoint with the “Network Protection Product of the Year” award from IDG.
* The SANS Institute designated UnityOne Intrusion Prevention Systems as a “Trusted Tool.”
TippingPoint has been pioneering the IPS market since it launched the first network-based intrusion prevention system, and continuously leads the industry by being first to market with innovative IPS features such as Spyware protection and multi-gigabit throughput. UnityOne is the only intrusion prevention system to offer VoIP security, bandwidth management, Peer-to-Peer Protection, and default “Recommended Settings” to accurately block malicious traffic automatically upon installation without tuning.
In addition to its unrivaled performance and vulnerability research team, TippingPoint was the first IPS to achieve Common Criteria certification and Tolly Group “Up to Spec” certification, making UnityOne the standard benchmark for intrusion prevention systems.
A complete listing of awards with descriptions can be found here: http://www.tippingpoint.com/products_certifications.html
TheInfoPro (TIP) investigates key technology sectors in six-month intervals or “waves” by interviewing hundreds of IT decision makers, pre-screened for domain expertise, for an average of one hour each. Known as the “voice of the customer,” thousands of IT professionals, technology providers and institutional investors rely on TIP research for robust data on vendor spending and ratings, technology adoption plans – overlaying the vendors poised to benefit – and rich narrative commentary. TIP studies the Information Security, Storage, Networking, and Server markets. Over 800 technology decision makers are members of the TIPNetwork, including IT decision makers from JPMorgan Chase, BellSouth, Honeywell, P&G and Visa. To learn more about TIP’s independent, objective research process, where results are delivered without any analyst spin or bias, visit www.TheInfoPro.net.
TippingPoint is the leading provider of network-based intrusion prevention systems that deliver in-depth Application Protection, Infrastructure Protection, and Performance Protection for corporate enterprises, government agencies, service providers and academic institutions. Our innovative approach offers customers unmatched network-based security with unrivaled economics, ultra-high performance, scalability and reliability. TippingPoint is based in Austin, Texas, and can be contacted through its Web site at www.tippingpoint.com or by telephone at 1-88UNITYONE.