Award-winning Kerio WinRoute Firewall adds Clientless SSL VPN to its new version
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – June 27, 2005 – Kerio Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of Internet messaging and firewall solutions for small to medium-sized organizations, today announces that Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.1, its flagship network security product, has added robust Clientless SSL-based VPN and transparent Active Directory support.
The new integrated Clientless SSL VPN allows telecommuting workers and business travelers to access internal company file servers using only an Internet browser. Users can browse the file directory, upload and download files and create directories. With built-in McAfee Anti-Virus, Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.1 also checks every file being transferred over Clientless SSL VPN for viruses. Unlike Kerio’s competitors, Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.1 includes VPN capability straight from the box – no additional license cost is required.
“Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.1 is not so revolutionary an upgrade of our all-in-one firewall package as it is evolutionary,” said Dusan Vitek, vice president of marketing, Kerio. “We understand that small businesses typically deploy Virtual Private Networks for remote file access and we added the new Clientless SSL VPN to our existing full-fledged Windows VPN client to make that process as simple as logging into a Web-based email account.”
“Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.1 performed far better than expected in our lab tests,” said James Hurd, President & CEO of Hurd I/T Communications headquartered in Vienna, Virginia. “After careful evaluation we now offer the product in our Enterprise Firewall Solutions group as versatile firewall solution versus other appliance-based firewalls. This one should not be overlooked when considering a firewall solution for your business.”
Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.1 Feature Set:
* Clientless SSL VPN: Integrated clientless SSL VPN allows companies to provide remote secure access to files using only an Internet browser. Users can browse the file directory, upload and download files and create directories. With built-in McAfee Antivirus, Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.1 even checks every file being transferred for viruses.
* Transparent Active Directory Support: A local database of users is no longer needed as all users can be authenticated against a centralized Active Directory. User management and administration becomes even simpler.
* Firewall: Certified by ICSA Labs in Corporate Firewall category, Kerio WinRoute Firewall provides gateway firewall protection for LANs.
* Integrated SSL-based VPN Client and Server : Simple yet powerful one-click VPN Client for Windows allows remote employees to have full VPN access.
* Surf protection: With about 60 categories of web content, Kerio WinRoute Firewall can restrict which web sites employees can view and which sites they can’t.
* Antivirus protection: With built-in McAfee Antivirus, Kerio WinRoute Firewall will act as an antivirus gateway and scan SMTP, POP3, HTTP and FTP traffic.
Where to Find Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.1
Kerio WinRoute Firewall is available through various resellers, Certified and Preferred Partners of Kerio Technologies,Inc. and direct from www.kerio.com. Kerio WinRoute Firewall starts at $399 for 10 users or at $699 with built-in McAfee Antivirus.
About Kerio Technologies Inc.
Innovating in Internet security since 1997, Kerio Technologies Inc. (www.kerio.com) provides Internet messaging and firewall software solutions for small to medium sized networks, emphasizing the secure delivery of network data. Kerio’s corporate headquarters are located in Santa Clara, California, with offices in Great Britain and the Czech Republic. Kerio’s technology partners include McAfee, Inc. and Internet Security Systems. Kerio MailServer, Kerio WinRoute Firewall and Kerio ServerFirewall can all be purchased globally using the Internet and a network of more than 200 resellers.