7Safe Ethical Hacking & Security Training Voted Awards Finalist 2006
Cambridge-based Information Security firm 7Safe has been voted by judges as a finalist in the “Best Professional Training Programme” for the SC Magazine European Professional Awards, 2006 for its University-accredited education programme designed for IT Security Professionals.
In partnership with the University of Glamorgan, the programme offers a world-first Postgraduate Certificate (PgC) in Information Security and Penetration Testing (also known as ‘ethical hacking’). The multi-faceted programme is flexible in that it allows for individual standalone certifications in Ethical Hacking and/or Computer Forensic Investigation, or can be undertaken as a full Masters-Level Postgraduate Certificate.
“Our objective of providing a credible, industry-leading, independently accredited MSc standard education programme for Information Security professionals is gaining further recognition. The success of these qualifications is largely due to them being designed by Information Security Professionals who continuously and enthusiastically enhance the quality of the courses in innovative ways,” said Managing Director Alan Phillips.
Education Programme Details:
– Certified Security Testing Associate (CSTA): Awarded to candidates who attend 7Safe’s Hacking Insight: Hands-On training course, pass the CSTA examination and successfully complete university-assessed written assignment units.
– Certified Security Testing Professional (CSTP): Awarded following successful completion of the CSTA certification, the Hacking Insight: Hands-On 2 course and a practical assignment, including a written element, in the field of penetration testing.
– Certified Forensic Investigation Analyst (CFIA): Awarded to those who attend 7Safe’s Forensic Artefacts: Hands-On course, pass the CFIA examination and successfully complete university-assessed written assignment units.
– Postgraduate Certificate in Information Security and Penetration Testing: Students are required to complete the CSTA, CSTP and CFIA qualifications (as outlined above) as well as attending courses and successfully passing assignments in the fields of Wireless Security and ISO 27001, the international Information Security standard. The assignments reflect the content of the courses and are marked by the University.
About 7Safe Information Security
7Safe is an independent Information Security firm offering a diverse portfolio of professional services including:
– Information Security Training
– Penetration Testing (‘Ethical hacking’)
– Computer Forensic Investigation & Expert Witness services
– ISO 27001 & Risk Management Consultancy
7Safe’s clients cover a wide spectrum including high profile commercial institutions and government bodies including the military & police. The company’s consulting operations are certified to information security standard BS 7799:2. Additionally, 7Safe maintains a place on the board of the Council for the Registration of Forensic Practitioners (CFRP) and sponsors the Internet Watch Foundation.