New Web application firewall appliance based on ModSecurity
Breach Security announced a new addition to its popular ModSecurity Pro web application firewall appliances product line with the launch of the ModSecurity Pro M1100. This new appliance offers immediate protection for production applications against targeted attacks with plug-and-play installation and enhanced rule sets. The M1100 includes the mature, proven open source ModSecurity software, which is the most deployed web application firewall available today with more than 10,000 deployments worldwide.
Providing out-of-the-box security for web applications, the ModSecurity Pro M1100 features pre-packaged rule sets that prevent information leakage and assist organizations with compliance efforts such as the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). The standard sets a deadline of June 2008 for any organization gathering or storing credit card numbers to implement regular code scans or deploy a web application firewall.
Included rule sets address:
* Information leakage protection;
* Automated detection of malicious activity;
* Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance;
* Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10 vulnerabilities;
* Platform-specific protection for Apache(TM), IIS, PHP, ASP, ASP .NET, and others;
* Anti-virus protection for file uploads through integration with Clam AV
The ModSecurity M1100 appliance is available at the list price of $12,995.00US.