Teslain’s Rohos Logon Key v.2.4 converts any USB drive into an access key for Microsoft Windows Vista, installing the new hardware based credential provider.
Rohos Logon Key 2.0 works on the following way: Rather then entering one’s logon name and password upon startup, a person simply inserts USB drive. The drive contains login and password information that is entered automatically. If the program can’t find identification file (i.e. another USB drive was used), no access to protected PC data will be granted. One PC can accept multiple keys, and one key can be configured to unlock multiple PCs.
Rohos Logon Key v.2.0 new features include:
– Local and network login into Windows Vista by USB Key
– Vista Remote Desktop login by USB Key
– Supports password expiration policy. New password updated with a USB Key.
– Protects Safe Mode login, thus a bad guy cannot bypass USB Key security by loading Windows into Safe Mode.
– Works with Vista User Account Control. Administrator’s password can be retrieved from a USB key.
– support Windows Active Directory logon.