- An overview of the evolving web platform, including APIs, feeds, web services, and asynchronous messaging
- Web security basics, including common vulnerabilities, common cures, state management, and session management
- How to protect your server, including front-line defense, dealing with application servers, PHP, and scripting
- Vulnerabilities among web standards such as HTTP, XML, JSON, RSS, ATOM, REST, and XDOS
- How to secure web services, build secure APIs, and make open mashups secure.
The author, Christopher Wells, has deployed security solutions for major healthcare, telecommunication, and financial industries, and is currently employed as an Information Security Consultant for a major financial institution. He is an accomplished applications security architect with over 10 years of application security experience. Christopher holds multiple security certifications including a Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP).