A limited number of Insignia 10.4″ digital picture frames NS-DPF-10A were contaminated with a computer virus during the manufacturing process.
Once informed, the company immediately pulled all units of this product from stores and retail web sites. However, some affected units were purchased at Best Buy before the issue was detected.
Customers who have purchased this product should be aware of the following facts:
- Not every digital picture frame is contaminated by the virus.
- If you have not connected the digital picture frame to your computer, then your computer will not have been infected by a virus from the digital picture frame.
- If your computer has correctly installed anti-virus software with up-to-date virus profiles, you can plug your digital picture frame into your computer using the supplied USB cable, and your computer’s anti-virus software will remove any virus detected on your digital picture frame.
- Cameras, USB flash drives and all types of memory cards cannot be infected by the virus by connecting them to or inserting them in the digital picture frame.
- This virus can only affect Windows operating systems. If your computer runs on another operating system, such as Apple OS X or Linux, your computer cannot be infected by this virus.