NewTech Infosystems announced NTI Shadow v4.0, an always-on, data backup solution for PC, Mac and network users. Shadow v4.0 has been enhanced with many new convenience features such as bi-directional sync, a graphical destination display, threshold capacity warnings and NTI Ninja tools for encryption/password protection and public/private partitioning on external USB drives.
With Shadow, backup jobs are executed transparently in the background without disturbing the user and without slowing system performance. Files or file groups can be automatically backed up in their native format every time a change occurs. With files preserved in their native format, they can be quickly restored without requiring additional software.
In addition to maintaining real-time, continuous backup of all changed files, NTI Shadow also offers scheduled backups, custom file type filtering, version control, drag and drop file restoring, and more. A step-by-step wizard is included to guide the user through setup and scheduling.
New features that have been added to Shadow v4.0 include:
- NTI Ninja for USB Storage Protection – Ideal for Windows users who take their data with them on a USB drive, NTI Ninja’s 256-bit encryption technology can be used to create private and public partitions on USB storage devices. With the Ninja tools, users can easily access and share commonly used data on the public partition of their drive while simultaneously restricting and hiding access to confidential data on the private partition of their drive. Note: Instead of Ninja on Mac OS, Apple users have the option of encrypted DMG image files.
- Bi-directional Sync of Source and Destination Files – Enables users to synchronize digital content stored on all internal and external, local and/or network HDD drives, including external USB devices such as Flash drives, mobile drives, USB pen drives, USB (PMP) Personal Media Players, NAS devices, and more.
- My Favorite Tabs – A new feature in the My Computer List View, My Favorite Tabs make it even easier for users to find the data they want to back up.
- Show/Hide Hidden Files – Users have the choice of showing or hiding hidden files on their computer during source selection.
- Backup Destination Features – When choosing a backup destination, Shadow provides a My Computer-style interface with a Ninja Secure Drive section to make it easier to choose a destination drive or folder.
- Backup Files/Folders Selected Display – Provides users with a count of the total number of files and folders selected to be backed up and the size of the backup set.
- Capacity Alert Warning – Enables users to set a warning threshold for when their destination drive is becoming full. Once the destination drive reaches the set threshold, the user is prompted with a warning message.
- Faster, Easier File Additions – Allows users to right-click any file on their computer and add it to an existing Shadow job or to create a new Shadow job.
- New GUI – The new, cleaner GUI is similar to a Web-style interface with all the buttons at the top.