Affinion Security Center’s new IdentitySecure provides members with a combination of powerful services to protect personal information and financial data. Each feature of the IdentitySecure solution is designed to address the modern threats facing consumers, threats that can’t be adequately monitored by an average, or even technology-savvy, individual. With risk of exposure through corporate data breaches, stolen computers and phishing scams, more than 27.3 million Americans have been victims of identity theft in the last five years.
The IdentitySecure service includes features such as monitoring of social security numbers and public records to detect criminal activity, frequent data sweeps of the internet for personal information, credit monitoring, and monitoring of underground chat rooms that buy and sell personal information. While breaches are often unavoidable, IdentitySecure provides the proactive searches, early detection and recovery assistance. Purchasing all of these stand-alone services could easily cost more than $40 per month, but an individual subscription to IdentitySecure is available for $1 for the first month and only $14.99 each additional month.
IdentitySecure Protection includes the following services:
- CardCops monitoring of the internet and offshore chat rooms for up to 10 credit/debit cards in the subscriber’s name.
- Frequent public records searches to discover criminal activity associated with the subscriber’s name or address.
- DataSweep automated “sweep” of top internet directories and web search engines for members’ personal contact information including address and phone numbers.
- Personalized fraud protection dashboard allows members to track important activities associated with their identity at one secure, central location.
- Computer Security including software enhancements and PC Damage protection.
- Identity theft insurance with coverage increased from $10,000 to $25,000 with no deductible. Not available to New York state residents.
- Fraud Assist Toolbox powered by Truston, an online fraud resolution service that provides step-by-step instructions on how to address different types of fraud and sends convenient date reminder emails to keep the process on track (available shortly). Truston recently received a four-star rating from PC Magazine.
- Comprehensive neighborhood reports including demographics, school ratings, crime statistics and pollution measurements for towns across America.
- FCRA trained identity fraud solution specialist helps victims to resolve any case of fraud.