In the latest installment of CORE IMPACT Pro, Core Security added support for IPv6 infrastructure and extended the product’s powerful web application testing capabilities. This release also includes a large number of newly developed, commercial-grade exploits.
CORE IMPACT Pro v7.6 offers enhancements including:
- IPv6 network support for organizations required to meet the June 30, 2008 deadline to have an IPv6-capable backbone.
- A new Module Wizard that guides users through the process of creating templates for launching their own customized exploit modules.
- Added support for the use of Pro’s open Python debugging tools to make the creation of complex custom modules easier and more efficient.
Other significant enhancements in v7.6 address the product’s web application testing capabilities including:
- Detection of additional critical vulnerabilities that make possible the take-over of underlying server operating systems.
- Improved management and presentation of discovered vulnerabilities for more efficient and thorough testing.
- Improved cookie handling for easier testing of web applications that involve user authentication.