New ideas in web development are created all the time, and the speed with which they evolve into mature technologies is astounding. Programming ASP.NET 3.5 is your key to creating state-of-the-art applications using this popular web development technology and Visual Studio 2008.
Programming ASP.NET 3.5 provides comprehensive and easy-to-understand information for faster development and better web application performance—including the use of ASP.NET AJAX for interactive user interfaces, LINQ for data access, and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) for web services.
This book includes examples and sample code that let you explore development with ASP.NET in more depth. With this book, you will:
- Learn about AJAX and ASP.NET server controls included with Visual Studio 2008
- Discover how to use the DataSource and data-bound controls in ADO.NET
- Use the new LINQ API and learn how to make use of it within ASP.NET pages
- Create a uniform look and feel throughout your application with Master Pages
- Use navigation controls to build site maps, menus, and breadcrumbs quickly and easily
- Build and use various web services with WCF
- Detect errors during development and handle them in your production code
- Learn how to configure and deploy your website.