In addition to all previously released updates, Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2 will contain changes focused on supporting new types of hardware and adding support for several emerging standards. SP2 will also continue to make it easier for IT administrators to deploy and manage large installations of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
For Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
- Better Power Management – SP2 introduces better power management that is up to 10% more efficient than SP1 was. It also includes the ability to manage these settings via Group Policy.
- SP2 adds the ability to record natively to Blu-Ray Media. Maybe it’s time to take the plunge on a Blu-Ray drive for the home media center PC.
- SP2 includes Windows Search 4.0 which was a separate download before.
Available only on Vista
- SP2 includes the Windows Vista Feature Pack for Wireless. This used to be a separate download for SP1 and contains Bluetooth 2.1 support and Windows Connect Now updates.
- Includes improvements to Windows Media Center in content protection for TV. This I need to investigate more.
- Auto tuning Diagnostics now interprets current network conditions when implementing Windows Scaling. Netsh is fully supported.