Intego announced an update to Remote Management Console, a program that allows administrators to manage and configure Intego security software on Macintosh computers across a local network or via the Internet.
With it an administrator can manage Intego programs on any number of Macs. The administrator can connect to client computers via Bonjour or by entering an IP address, and set configurations and preferences for the following programs:
- Intego VirusBarrier X5: Protects Macs from all known viruses
- Intego ContentBarrier X5: Protects children from the dangers of the Internet
- Intego NetUpdate: Updates Intego programs, and their virus definitions and filters.
Intego Remote Management Console allows administrators to create and load settings files, configure individual settings and functions, and make changes to Intego programs on all computers quickly and easily. Settings for these programs can be managed individually or in groups, and administrators can apply the same settings to all users or apply templates with preset configurations to specific users. With this console, administrators can connect to Macs anywhere in the world by applying a uniform security policy to all the Macs in a company, school or university.
Version 10.4.5 includes new features and enables the management of ContentBarrier X5. Also, administrators can add computers to Remote Management Console’s Workstation list by entering a range of IP addresses to be scanned; can import and export presets, to apply them on different administration Macs; and client Macs can be set to notify specific administration servers and download settings from them.
Intego Remote Management Console features:
- an easy to use interface – similar to the Intego products being managed
- system and hardware information for client computers
- the administrator can view the current settings for Intego programs
- the administrator can update and change settings on client computers
- presets allow the same settings to be used on multiple Macs
- groups allow application of security policy across computers
- logs record all activity
- Remote Management Console can only be used if the client computer authorizes remote management.
- Remote Management Console Admin requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later
- Remote Management Console Client requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.