Little Snitch informs you whenever a program attempts to establish an outgoing Internet connection. You can then choose to allow or deny this connection, or define a rule how to handle similar, future connection attempts. This reliably prevents private data from being sent out without your knowledge.
Little Snitch runs inconspicuously in the background and it can also detect network related activity of viruses, Trojans and other malware.
What’s new in Little Snitch 2.1.4:
- Fixed an issue causing system freezes at login on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
- Fixed a bug causing repeated connection alerts.
- Fixed a bug related to rule matching precedence.
- Minor usability improvements in Little Snitch Configuration.
- Fixed an issue causing rules with relative process path to show up as “invalid”.