WordPress 2.8 released
WordPress 2.8 “Baker” has been released. It contains fixes to 790 bugs as well as improvements to themes, widgets, taxonomies, and overall speed.
- New drag-and-drop widgets admin interface and new widgets API
- Syntax highlighting and function lookup built into plugin and theme editors
- Browse the theme directory and install themes from the admin
- Allow the dashboard widgets to be arranged in up to four columns
- Allow configuring the number of items to show on management pages with an option in Screen Options
- Support timezones and automatic daylight savings time adjustment
- Support IIS 7.0 URL Rewrite Module
- Faster loading of admin pages via script compression and concatenation.
WordPress 2.8 is available for download here.
Here’s a video with the features:
If you want to make your WordPress experience more secure, check out our article on WordPress two-factor authentication with low-cost YubiKey USB token.