Jari OS: Open source microkernel multi-service RTOS
Jari OS is a real-time microkernel operating system which runs in terms of multi-service architecture. Core system consists of its own microkernel muString, core and system services, set of device drivers launched as trusted services.
There are several terms used within system context:
- trusted core services – general services that allows system to works
- trusted system services – services that implements some kind of interaction between user and system
- fast IPC – IPC microkernel provided
- POSIX layer – subset of kernel-side, services-side, library-side features to make POSIX functions works
- device service – actually is a microkernel device driver
- service – is a task works within its own address space.