Wind River introduced VxWorks MILS Platform 2.0, the latest addition to the industry-leading VxWorks product portfolio, demonstrating Wind River’s commitment to the security needs of the aerospace and defense industries.
This solution provides customers with an operating system foundation and a development environment to build multilevel secure (MLS) systems.
- VxWorks MILS separation kernel, developed to conform to the NIAP-validated U.S. Government Protection Profile for Separation Kernels in Environments Requiring High Robustness, Version 1.03 (SKPP)
- Direct support for high-assurance customer applications in partitions, such as guards and downgraders, using the High Assurance Environment, including a simple separation kernel interface and secure inter-partition communication (SIPC)
- VxWorks Guest Operating System in partitions, enabling direct porting of existing VxWorks applications
- Wind River industry-specific networking technology stacks including IPv4, UDP, and TCP
- An extensive offering of targeted drivers and partner middleware
- Wind River Workbench, the leading Eclipse-based development suite.
VxWorks MILS 2.0 is officially listed as “In Evaluation” by the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP), operated by the National Security Agency (NSA), for conformance to the Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 6+ and High Robustness. An EAL6+, High Robustness-certified operating system is designed to be “a highly robust foundation for system services and applications in mission-critical systems” according to the SKPP.