Panda Security announced its unified threat management appliance, Panda GateDefender Integra. Designed for small to mid-sized businesses, the UTM appliance is available in two models: Panda GateDefender Integra SB, a new model designed exclusively for businesses with up to 50 employees and Panda GateDefender Integra 300, for companies with between 50 and 250 stations.
Both include the following protection:
- Firewall: Ensures internal and external communication complies with the security policy
- Intrusion prevention system (IPS): Prevents intrusion attacks
- VPN: Protects confidential information transmitted across the Internet
- Anti-malware: Protects against all types of malicious software
- Content filter: Scans inbound and outbound traffic for dangerous content
- Anti-spam: Keeps email traffic free from junk mail
- Web filter: Restricts access to non work-related Web content
Panda GateDefender Integra is the only “plug and protect” UTM on the market. Anti-malware, anti-spam and Web filtering protection are enabled by default on installation. It also has continuous automatic updates. Rules and digital signatures in the malware, IPS and Web Filter are updated every 90 minutes; and spam files are updated every minute. These updates are performed in the cloud, leveraging Collective Intelligence, a suite of proprietary technologies that can detect and analyze threats automatically, resulting in greater speed and better protection against Internet threats.
Panda GateDefender Integra also optimizes bandwidth usage by restricting access to non-productive Web content. Similarly, the high spam detection ratio rids mail servers and internal networks of traffic caused by junk mail. Finally, the proactive content protection which scans inbound and outbound traffic for dangerous content also prevents confidential information from leaking out of the company.