Many books have been published to ride the wave of regular expression adoption. Most do a good job of explaining the regular expressions syntax along with some examples and a reference. But there aren’t any books that present solutions based on regular expressions to a wide range of real-world practical problems dealing with text on a computer and in a range of Internet applications.
This cookbook provides more than 100 recipes to help you crunch data and manipulate text with regular expressions.
With the help of this book, you will:
- Understand the basics of regular expressions through a concise tutorial
- Use regular expressions effectively in several programming and scripting languages
- Learn how to validate and format input
- Manage words, lines, special characters, and numerical values
- Find solutions for using regular expressions in URLs, paths, markup, and data exchange
- Learn the nuances of more advanced regex features
- Understand how regular expressions’ APIs, syntax, and behavior differ from language to language
- Write better regular expressions for custom needs.
Whether you’re a novice or an experienced user, Regular Expressions Cookbook will help deepen your knowledge of this unique and irreplaceable tool. You’ll learn powerful new tricks, avoid language-specific gotchas, and save valuable time with this huge library of proven solutions to difficult, real-world problems.