Four-Drive NAS for small businesses and distributed offices
Iomega announced the Iomega StorCenter ix4-200d. Based on enterprise-class EMC storage technologies, the ix4-200d is a NAS appliance designed for small businesses, distributed offices and home office networks that require advanced data storage and protection features without the need for a dedicated IT staff.
The ix4-200d NAS appliance provides up to 8TB of networked storage that integrates with existing infrastructure for expanded storage, file-sharing and backup of critical business data. It delivers features such as:
- iSCSI block-level access for efficient storage utilization
- Device-to-device replication to network targets for business continuity and file recovery
- Multiple RAID configurations for data protection
- Windows Active Directory support allows the device to function as a client member in an Active Directory domain, giving users and groups access to it
- Remote access and management
- IP security camera support
- VMware certification for virtualization installations.
Available in 2TB, 4TB and 8TB capacities, the Iomega StorCenter ix4-200d NAS desktop appliance utilizes the EMC LifeLine software, a fully-developed Linux operating environment and suite of applications. EMC LifeLine software is designed for cross-platform support with PC, Mac and Linux computers.
The device can be configured with different levels of RAID support: RAID 5 (pre-configured) and RAID 10 (both with automatic RAID rebuild), as well as JBOD. The four drives are user replaceable SATA II hard drives that minimize downtime.
The ix4-200d also comes with Iomega QuikProtect backup software for scheduled file-level backup of data to hard drives and network-attached storage devices. For data security, the device includes RSA BSAFE encryption security technology for protecting installs and upgrades from viruses or malware.
Pricing for the appliances starts at $699.99 for the 2TB model.