Trend Micro offers enterprise Mac security
Trend Micro Security for Mac 1.5 is designed to protect corporate Mac users against viruses, spyware, blended threats and platform-independent Web-based attacks on the Mac platform. It integrates with Trend Micro OfficeScan Client/Server.
OfficeScan’s architecture allows Trend Micro to give enterprise customers – many of whom are adding the Mac platform to their corporate networks – management of Mac desktops, laptops and servers through the same Web console that manages Windows clients and servers.
The product includes Web reputation, a key component of the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network infrastructure, protecting businesses from Web threats for over two years through one of the largest domain-reputation databases in the world. The technology prevents users and applications from accessing malicious or infiltrated Web sites while both on and off the corporate network.
Key features of Trend Micro Security for Mac include:
- Group policy management of up to 1,000 Mac endpoints within OfficeScan.
- Streamlined Cocoa client user-interface with auto-registration to the server
- Location aware Web reputation policies so employees are protected both on and off the corporate network
- Protection for both the host Mac OS system and any Windows virtual machines
- Improved manual scan performance using the Quick Scan feature.
Trend Micro Security for Mac 1.5 is available as a standalone solution and as a plug-in to OfficeScan. Pricing varies by seat count and decreases by volume. For the 501-1000 level seat count, the license price is $19.86 per user.