New books: Windows 7, Programming #F
With Windows 7: The Definitive Guide you will learn how to squeeze every bit of power out of Windows 7 to take full advantage of its features and programs.
You will learn how to:
- Set up, customize, and tune Windows 7—Optimize its appearance and performance, install and manage software, printers, scanners, and faxes
- Manage your files and data—Search your computer more efficiently, secure your data, share and collaborate, and get the most out of optional programs
- Master your digital media—Create media libraries, manage digital pictures and videos, make DVDs, and create movies
- Get connected and start networking—Set up a home or small-office network, conquer Internet Explorer, and master on-the-go networking
- Protect your computer—Keep your family safe while on the Internet, navigate the computer security maze, and configure Windows 7’s protection features
- Manage and support Windows 7 systems—Handle routine maintenance, troubleshoot problems, and configure user accounts, disks, and drives
- Learn advanced tips & techniques—Manage the Windows boot environment, explore Group Policy, and much more.
Why learn F#? This multi-paradigm language not only offers you an enormous productivity boost through functional programming, it also lets you develop applications using your existing object-oriented and imperative programming skills. With Programming F#, you’ll quickly discover the many advantages of Microsoft’s new language, which includes access to all the great tools and libraries of the .NET platform.
Programming F# will help you:
- Get a clear understanding of functional programming, and how you can use it to simplify code
- Gain a solid understanding of the language’s core syntax, including object-oriented and imperative styles
- Simplify concurrent and parallel programming with F# Asynchronous Workflows and the Parallel Extensions to .NET
- Learn advanced F# concepts, such as quotations and computation expressions.