Qualys announced its new QualysGuard FDCC module – the first certified cloud-based computing solution for FDCC compliance. The module, validated by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) as conforming to the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) and its component standards, provides a centralized, integrated solution leveraging the QualysGuard SaaS architecture helping federal agencies validate the configuration of their desktops according to FDCC regulations.
In order to strengthen information security, Federal government agencies are required to standardize and certify their existing Windows XP and Windows Vista desktops according to FDCC specifications as mandated by the US Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
Using the QualysGuard FDCC module, an agency can increase breadth of coverage while reducing cost and resource requirements to collect SCAP content and validate these systems to the FDCC requirements.
QualysGuard FDCC module enables federal IT security professionals to:
- Support SCAP content for Windows XP, Windows XP Firewall, Windows Vista, Windows Vista Firewall, Internet Explorer 7
- Utilize FDCC checklists from Qualys’ library using updated published SCAP content
- Certify compliance with FDCC requirements with detailed reports that include technical analysis of compliance and executive-level summaries
- Provide complete coverage of all agency assets allowing for a complete picture of compliance rather than a statistical sample
- Scales to scan very large, distributed and operationally diverse, networks.
Available immediately, The QualysGuard FDCC module annual subscription for federal agencies starts at $1,995 with additional licensing per IP.