BackTrack is a Linux-based penetration testing arsenal that aids security professionals in the ability to perform assessments in a purely native environment dedicated to hacking.
This is an unofficial build which is meant to help the BackTrack Dev team to assess any hardware incompatibilities with the new kernel. This is NOT an official release, however the authors need your input as to what works and what doesn’t.
- Updated all packages, manual update of aircrack-ng.
- Updated to kernel 2.6.34-rc6
- Known to work with broadcom wireless 4312/5.
- No additional drivers installed other than stock kernel drivers.
- ATH5K is semi functional – we added patched madwifi-ng drivers as backup.
- Only the first boot option is viable, the 800?â€”600 initrd and forensics initrd have not been updated. Do not try to boot the ISO with those options.
Download BackTrack R1 Dev here.