Xplico is an open source Network Forensic Analysis Tool. Its goal is to extract from an Internet traffic capture the applications data contained. From a pcap file Xplico extracts each email (POP, IMAP, and SMTP protocols), all HTTP contents, each VoIP call (SIP), FTP, TFTP, and so on.
- Protocols supported: HTTP, SIP, IMAP, POP, SMTP, TCP, UDP, IPv6, -Â¦
- Port Independent Protocol Identification (PIPI) for each application protocol
- Output data and information in SQLite database or Mysql database and/or files
- At each data reassembled by Xplico is associated a XML file that uniquely identifies the flows and the pcap containing the data reassembled
- Realtime elaboration (depends on the number of flows, the types of protocols and by the performance of computer -RAM, CPU, HD access time, etc.
- TCP reassembly with ACK verification for any packet or soft ACK verification
- Reverse DNS lookup from DNS packages contained in the inputs files (pcap), not from external DNS server
- No size limit on data entry or the number of files entrance (the only limit is HD size)
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- Modularity. Each Xplico component is modular. The input interface, the protocol decoder (Dissector) and the output interface (dispatcer) are all modules
- The ability to easily create any kind of dispatcer with which to organize the data extracted in the most appropriate and useful to you.