Absolute Software released plans to provide provide IT departments with tools to help manage popular Apple products in an enterprise environment.
Slated for general availability during the summer of 2010, an updated version of Absolute Manage will provide IT departments managing iOS 4 devices with the ability to remotely manage aspects of lifecycle management and data protection.
Lifecycle management features include the ability to remotely:
- Manage user profiles
- Manage provisioning profiles
- Inventory installed third-party applications (custom developed or from the AppStore)
- Gather device lifecycle management information from the devices.
Data protection features include the ability for IT administrators to remotely send a:
- Device Lock command to any iOS 4 device in an emergency
- Clear Passcode command
- Remote Wipe command to delete sensitive data from a missing or stolen device.