iTunes 9.2.1 comes with improvements and a security fix.
A buffer overflow exists in the handling of “itpc:” URLs. Accessing a maliciously crafted “itpc:” URL may lead to an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution. This issue is addressed through improved bounds checking.
The bug fixes are:
- Disables older versions of some incompatible third-party plug-ins
- Addresses minor issues with dragging and dropping items
- Addresses a performance issue when first syncing to some devices with iTunes 9.2
- Addresses an issue upgrading to iOS 4 on an iPhone or iPod touch with encrypted back-ups
- Addresses other issues that improve stability and performance.