First holistic security platform unveiled at Black Hat
AccessData released Cyber Intelligence & Response Technology 2 (CIRT 2), a platform that integrates network and computer forensics, malware analysis, large-scale data auditing and remediation.
Traditionally, organizations rely on a number of disparate tools for information assurance and incident response.
There are often multiple teams each focusing on one small aspect of a much larger cyber security picture. For example, a forensics team, a network security team, information assurance or compliance auditing team each use different tools and may or may not collaborate on a routine basis.
These gaps in technologies and processes make it difficult for an organization to quickly identify when a security breach or data leak has occurred. Since perimeter defense and alerting technologies can only detect what they’ve been told to look for, the ability to catch what tools, such as intrusion detection (IDS) and data loss prevention (DLP) systems, miss is absolutely vital.
Today, when an organization discovers it has been compromised, it’s often by accident, and usually long after widespread damage has occurred. CIRT is designed to provide 360-degree visibility into what is happening on your network to speed detection, root cause analysis and thorough remediation.
By allowing users to correlate computer, network and malware data, as well as audit tens of thousands of machines, CIRT gives organizations the ability to identify and address all types of threats, including zero-day events, hacking, data spillage and advanced persistent threats.
“In the age of Stuxnet and Flame, organizations need the visibility and response capabilities CIRT provides,” commented Jason Mical, Director of Network Forensics at AccessData. “It’s not just another platform that provides a mound of data to sift through. It delivers the threat intelligence you need and it remediates.” Using CIRT, organizations can continuously monitor network traffic, computers and removable media to detect threats and more quickly acquire actionable intelligence in the event of a cyber incident. In addition, with CIRT’s “check in” feature, CIRT users can monitor the laptops of traveling employees, even when they are not logged on to the organization’s network.
- Correlate network and host analysis to quickly determine root cause and more effectively chase down data spillage.
- Identify and triage suspected malware using both static analysis and advanced disassembly analysis to determine behavior and intent without a sandbox or reliance on signature-based tools.
- Perform proactive and reactive enterprise audits to identify data spillage, such as personally identifiable information, payment card information or classified documents.
- Play back security incidents in real-time to gain a better understanding of an exploit or data spill.
- Build threat profiles and monitor to prevent incident recurrence.
- Continuously monitor the network and information assets, including removable devices, on or off the organization’s network.
- Perform batch remediation.