BestCrypt Volume Encryption 4 released
Jetico has announced a new version of its disk encryption. BestCrypt Volume Encryption 4 now delivers a smoother interface and faster performance to encrypt hard drives.
For over 20 years, Jetico serves customers with BestCrypt data encryption software, an alternative to native OS encryption. It delivers compliance with regulations, such as HIPAA and GDPR, as well as privacy for personal data at home.
“Securing all the data on your computer is now faster than ever with just a couple of clicks. BestCrypt Volume Encryption is fully transparent to the OS and apps – fast, simple and invisible,” says Jetico CEO, Michael Waksman.
“BestCrypt users will love the simplicity – easy setup in a polished new interface.”
Features & benefits in version 4
Reduced disk encryption time
- Initial encryption option to work only on used disk space,
- Run initial encryption process for a group of disk volumes in just one click.
- Single Sign-On means one less password to remember,
- Traveller Mode disk to keep data on encrypted USB storage and then access on systems without BestCrypt Volume Encryption installed,
- Never miss a thing with Auto-Update,
- Temporarily remove boot-time password for unattended reboots; now supports UEFI computers,
- Configure hotkeys to run frequent operations with ease.
- Added Camellia encryption algorithm and scrypt key derivation function,
- Ensure secure passwords with zxcvbn strength-o-meter,
- Added security layer with Two-Factor Authentication; now includes support for Yubikey as well as SafeNet eToken on UEFI computers.
Intuitive user interface
- One glance to review encryption status, including mounted/dismounted volumes,
- Navigate faster with restructured menu,
- Redesigned dialogs, icons and toolbar for better user experience.
Ongoing support for older versions of Windows
- Maintain computers running Windows XP SP3 and later, as well as earlier generations with MBR boot process.
Since Jetico’s original release of volume encryption software over 10 years ago, BestCrypt Volume Encryption has delivered a solution for transparent encryption of data kept on both fixed and removable storage devices – from older MS-DOS styled volumes through to modern Spanned, Striped, Mirrored or RAID-5 volumes, and Windows Storage Spaces.
BestCrypt Volume Encryption – Enterprise Edition
For central management of disk encryption, Jetico also offers an Enterprise Edition of BestCrypt Volume Encryption.
In addition to centralized deployment and monitoring, IT Admins are empowered with password recovery for rapid restore of encrypted client data in emergencies such as a forgotten password.