Versasec, the leader in smart card management systems, rolled out the latest generation of its flagship identity and access management (IAM) solution.
vSEC:CMS S-Series v5.4 incorporates a variety of important new features, including new console capabilities and support for Gemalto eToken 5300 and the Matica 8300 card printer.
With Version 5.4, Versasec has also added the following new features:
- Supports encoded PIN policies on PIV cards
- Includes updates such as a new support console task that unhides all hidden card templates, and the Versasec-Activator.exe in the operator console installer
- Provides support for linked mode PIN configuration as well as management of the OTP applet on Gemalto IDPrime MD 840 cards
- Includes a black list configuration option for smart card mini-drivers
- Adds an option for excluding key store configuration when rebuilding SQL read cache
- Adds new machine GUID encoding to the RSDM device onboarding procedure
- Offers the option of excluding key store configuration when rebuilding SQL read cache
- Includes an updated HSM interface to support SafeNet Luna 7.0.3
- Allows for server-side configuration for reporting client-side windows events into RSDM errors repository
- Improves the logging of statistical data in the vSEC:CMS Service
- Enables more extensive integration with lifecycle SOAP API calls now returning full error stack in case of an error
- Optimizes Operator Console card issuance to increase speed of operation
- Improves server performance by handling certain RSDM remote function calls asynchronously
- Optimizes client session management in SOAP servers to lower traffic to vSEC:CMS Service when keeping sessions alive and makes SOAP server performance data available in trace files
- Allows the SQL read cache to be turned off for transaction log data
“Each new version of vSEC:CMS reflects the feedback and requests from our user community,” said Joakim Thorén, CEO of Versasec. “With version 5.4, we’ve made many incremental improvements that simplify how vSEC:CMS users interact with our platform and we’ve continued expanding our list of supported cards to now include the very popular Gemalto eToken 5300.”
Thorén also noted that acquiring additional vSEC:CMS licenses has been streamlined for existing Versasec customers.