This new report, Threat Intelligence Spotlight: The Shifting Framework of Modern Malware, draws on data gathered from the 650-plus organizations that eSentire protects and Carbon Black’s extensive endpoint protection install base.
Key insights of the report include:
- An approximate median of 10 variants within a malware family, which begins to highlight the challenges faced by traditional endpoint solutions
- The largest number of variants within a malware family is more than 200
- It takes nearly 40 hours for the majority of antivirus engines to detect new forms of malware
- New variants of Emotet, a major malware family that recently restarted after a four-month hiatus can spread to unprotected hosts on the same network in under 12 seconds
- Over two-thirds (67 percent) of all malware enters an organization via email
Download the report to learn how malware works and, more importantly, how to protect against its impact.