Threat Stack announced it has hired Peter Basile as VP of Marketing and Kathleen DeShields as VP of HR. These new hires join Threat Stack during a time of rapid growth with increasing customer bookings and average deal sizes enabling the company to exceed its 2020 growth plan despite the global economic impact of COVID-19.
This growth was driven by:
- 30% increase in customer bookings – Threat Stack continues to grow its customer base with a 30% increase in customer bookings year over year.
- 100 new customers – Over the past twelve months, Threat Stack has added nearly 100 new customers with continued strong growth projected through the end of 2020 and into 2021.
- 30% higher ARR per customer – As Threat Stack continues to grow its average customer size, the average ARR per customer has increased by 30% since 2019.
Peter Basile joins Threat Stack as the Vice President of Marketing with a focus on accelerating the company’s growth trajectory. Kathleen DeShields joins Threat Stack as the Vice President of Human Resources and will drive the company’s talent acquisition and development strategy.
In addition to the rapid growth and hiring, Threat Stack has continued to innovate and delivered several key additions to the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform over the past twelve months. Key highlights include:
- Announced support for AWS Fargate – Threat Stack introduced support for AWS Fargate at the infrastructure and application layer to extend security observability to managed container services.
- Enhanced runtime attack detection – Threat Stack expanded Application Security Monitoring with additional capabilities designed to detect path or directory traversal attacks and remote code execution.
- Improved AWS CloudTrail monitoring – Threat Stack released additional security monitoring capabilities for AWS CloudTrail designed to identify threats targeting Amazon ECR and AWS Systems Manager.
- Achieved AWS Container competency – Recognized as an AWS Partner Network member with a speciality in container security, validating Threat Stack’s ability to provide the core container security and compliance needs to enhance customers’ ability to run workloads on containers.
“We’re very excited to welcome Peter and Kathleen to Threat Stack,” said Brian Ahern, CEO, Threat Stack.
“Despite the health, economic, and cultural impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Threat Stack has seen strong increases in both growth and demand. We look forward to accelerating that growth even further with the help of Peter, Kathleen, and the rest of the Threat Stack team.”