SafeNet announced Authentication Manager (SAM) 8.0. The unified enterprise platform combines strong authentication and identity federation to help organizations centrally manage user identities and access to both on-premise and cloud-based services and applications without additional user provisioning.
This new offering is an essential component of SafeNet’s Trusted Cloud Fabric, a framework that equips enterprises moving data, applications and systems to the cloud with a suite of solutions to address existing security concerns and ensure compliance.
SAM 8.0 leverages an organization’s existing authentication infrastructure so that users can use the same logon credentials for both on-premise and cloud-based applications, guaranteeing a complete single sign-on (SSO) experience. Other key benefits include:
- Low total cost of ownership: Full lifecycle management of all authentication operations in a single system – reducing cost of IT maintenance and deployment.
- Flexibility to grow: Ability to effortlessly add One-Time Password (OTP), mobile and advanced certificate-based security without the need to change infrastructure.
- Reduction in support costs: Automated processes such as over-the-air activation and installation of software tokens and software tools, ensuring extensive support to lower support costs.
- Improve productivity: Capability to issue temporary software authenticators to ensure users stay productive – even when personal token is unavailable.
- Advanced reporting: Extensive reporting capabilities streamline compliance with a host of security regulations and policies.