Get started with the fundamentals of Transact-SQL and learn how to write efficient and powerful database queries. With this hands-on guide, you’ll gain a solid understanding of T-SQL and good programming practices through the right balance of conceptual and practical content.
Learn the steps required to develop T-SQL code for retrieving and modifying data, with exercises to help you apply what you’ve learned—ideal for T-SQL programmers, DBAs, BI practitioners, report writers, analysts, and architects.
Discover how to:
- Apply T-SQL fundamentals, create tables, and define data integrity
- Understand logical query processing
- Query multiple tables using joins and subqueries
- Simplify code and improve maintainability with table expressions
- Write code to insert, update, delete, and merge data
- Go beyond the fundamentals with pivoting techniques and set grouping
- Isolate inconsistent data and address deadlock and blocking scenarios.