Network Management: Principles and Practices, 2nd Edition is thoroughly updated and expanded to address broadband network management and the latest trends in the network management technology and standards.
The author’s approach thoroughly illustrates the theoretical and practical aspects of network management, and the technologies and the tools that academics and network managers simply must know.
- Network management extended to telecommunications management
- Maps the concept of eTOM with TMN
- Extensive treatment on the design of an NMS with practical perspective
- Focuses on management of wired, fixed wireless and mobile broadband access, and home networks including evolving management protocols and MIBs
- Elucidates management of Optical and MPLS networks widely deployed in the telecommunications network
- Web-, CORBA-, and XML-based technologies addressed along with NGOSS technology.