Mirantis collaborates with Equinix to help businesses accelerate cloud-native application deployment
Mirantis announced a fully-managed offering deployed on Equinix Metal in 18 global metros. This enables any IT operator or developer to instantly provision, monitor, and lifecycle-manage Kubernetes, Swarm, and OpenStack on interconnected, on-demand infrastructure to provide increased performance and flexibility to customers in tech, finance, media, and other industries.
Mirantis Container Cloud can also easily deploy and manage clusters, on demand, to other infrastructure platforms, including public cloud and private clouds, as well as on Equinix’s fully managed bare metal service, Equinix Metal, on premises in the datacenter and at the edge.
All of this leverages Equinix Fabric for private, low-latency global network connectivity to the 10,000 clouds, networks, and enterprises that run their digital infrastructure at Equinix. The result is a single pane of glass for on-demand, multi-cloud deployments that enables highly-automated provisioning, non-disruptive continuous updates, and self-service, across whatever infrastructures that suit customers’ technical and business needs.
“With Mirantis Container Cloud on Equinix Metal, customers get the performance boost of dedicated bare metal with Equinix Metal integrated with the interconnection capabilities of Equinix Fabric — enabling optimal platform and workload placement with minimum network round-trip times to companies in finance, technology, digital media, and other industries in major markets around the world,” said Pradip Shankar, vice president of global alliances and partners, Mirantis.
“It’s ideal for SaaS providers, communications service providers, and other organizations that need great performance, but want to shed capital expenditure in favor of OpEx. Organizations that want to run containers and virtual machines can now do so with the best-of-breed Mirantis Kubernetes Engine and OpenStack — provisioned on demand in minutes on Equinix Metal with usage-based billing. They can control their evolution towards multi-cloud quickly, gaining maximum benefits of cloud while assuming minimum risk, and with zero lock-in to proprietary platforms and cloud provider offerings.”
Fully-managed by Mirantis, and backed by the deep bench of Mirantis Training and Professional Services, Mirantis Container Cloud users running on Equinix Metal can move swiftly and seamlessly through launch and scaling phases to running in production. In the process, they can reduce years of complex DIY, with steep learning-curves and uncertain returns – adopting a fully cloud-native, cloud-simple solution, grounded in open source, that frees them to innovate and grow, without lock-in.
With this collaboration between Mirantis and Equinix Metal, customers gain:
- The benefits of simple operations, easy automation, on-demand elasticity, and usage-based billing of moving to public cloud, but with bare metal performance and security – fully-managed by Mirantis all through a single pane of glass and a single API for ops automation.
- The ability to put bare-metal Kubernetes/Swarm and/or OpenStack IaaS where needed for optimal application performance, availability, and user experience.
- The ability to observe, scale, and update clusters non-disruptively and easily, with continuous updates curated by Mirantis, and support from Mirantis and Equinix Metal.
- Consistent, production-ready, and secure Mirantis Kubernetes Engine clusters across multi-region, hybrid, or multi-cloud environments enable portability of container workloads, configurations, operators, and automation.
- Proximity to what’s important to them across 18 global Equinix Metal metropolitan areas.
- The ability to connect to the clouds, networks, partners, customers and rich open ecosystems available on the Equinix platform via Equinix Fabric.
- Optimized workloads with Equinix Metal’s wide portfolio of bare metal server options and configurations, with additional flexibility up and down the Mirantis Cloud Native Platform software stack.
“Mirantis is an important addition to our ecosystem of Kubernetes platform integrations,” said Jacob Smith, vice president, strategy and marketing, Equinix Metal. “Our companies serve an overlapping set of customers that want to simplify their digital infrastructures and move faster. Our collaboration will help customers leverage our respective capabilities to abstract the complexity of deploying cloud-native applications across diverse environments at global scale.”
Mirantis Container Cloud makes multi-cloud practical – cancelling the burdens of skilling up and managing complex platform technologies over divergent infrastructures. It provides a single pane of glass for operations and self-service, and its API provides a single point of integration for automating operations, anywhere.
Consistent container and IaaS platforms, delivered from common best-practice architectural templates, enable portability and reuse of workloads, configurations, and application lifecycle management automation, eliminating the added work, security concerns, and other downsides of building and maintaining multiple channels of automation for different clouds and cluster architectures.
For customers with large development teams looking to reduce administrative overhead as they deploy hundreds or even thousands of apps, this reduces the need for special skills, promotes innovation, controls risk, and helps prevent platform and cloud lock-in.
Pricing and availability
Mirantis Container Cloud on Equinix Metal is available now through Mirantis and Equinix.