Manage Windows event logs with Event Log Explorer
FSPro Labs released Event Log Explorer 4, designed to view, monitor and analyze events recorded in Security, System, Application and other logs of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
“This release adds more than 15 great improvements to already feature-rich functionality” says Michael Karsyan, FSPro Labs CEO. “Now you can easily present data in pivot tables or charts, filter linked events and get notified when a specific event occurs”.
New features substantially help system administrators to manage the network. Credential manager stores different credential for different servers and use them automatically on connections, analytical reports represent data in a comprehensive view, event alerter can send event notifications by email.
Event Log Explorer can now read event logs using fast legacy API, get more event details with new event API and access EVT files directly without using any API. The latest option works even with damaged event log files and invaluable for forensic examiners.
Key features of Event Log Explorer:
- Access to Windows event logs and event log files on local and remote servers and workstations
- Support of both classic Windows NT event log format (EVT files) and new (Crimson) event log format (EVTX files)
- High performance – all events are loaded either into memory or into an optimized internal local database
- Active monitoring and alert – get informed about problems immediately
- Event log consolidation – you can consolidate different events in one place
- Log loading options to pre-filter event logs
- Advanced filtering by any criteria including event description text
- Manual and automatic backup of event logs
- Print and export to different formats
- Analytical reports – summary tables and pivot charts
- Credential manager.
Event Log Explorer 4 is compatible with Windows 2000/2003/2008/XP/Vista/7. Prices start from US$99.00. The personal license for non-commercial use is free.