Inside Windows Debugging
Rethink your use of Windows debugging and tracing tools, and use Inside Windows Debugging to learn how to make them a key part of test-driven software development.
Led by a member of the Windows Fundamentals Team at Microsoft, you’ll apply expert debugging and tracing techniques – and sharpen your C++ and C# code analysis skills – through practical examples and common scenarios.
Learn why experienced developers use debuggers in every step of the development process, and not just when bugs appear.
Discover how to:
- Go behind the scenes to examine how powerful Windows debuggers work
- Catch bugs early in the development cycle with static and runtime analysis tools
- Gain practical strategies to tackle the most common code defects
- Apply expert tricks to handle user-mode and kernel-mode debugging tasks
- Implement postmortem techniques such as JIT and dump debugging
- Debug the concurrency and security aspects of your software
- Use debuggers to analyze interactions between your code and the operating system
- Analyze software behavior with Xperf and the Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) framework.